Perform Continuous Integration!
Automated Functional Testing
Schedule your Regression Suite
Implemented correctly, automation of functional testing delivers more thorough and efficiency with less manual effort. Implementing a significant suite of automated tests is a task comparable to a significant software development project that run periodically or ad hoc.
Use a Framework
The primary challenge is to architect a framework for a suite of tests that is efficient, scalable and maintainable.It is important that business users validate the business process flows of a new or changed system are correct and complete.
Save Test Execution Time
Automating the test arm of QA removes the dependency of constantly having to involve business users to execute the tests and distract them from their BAU commitments and especially if a succession of releases or upgrades have to be tested. The key objectives of an automation are:
- To enable reuse and sharing of automation scripts to improve efficiency and scalability.
- To manage test data and enable tests to use a range of different data.
- To reduce the test maintenance overhead
- To provide a non-technical user interface for business user testers
- To capture and leverage business domain knowledge in to a set of regression tests that can be executed repeatedly and reduces the test time for business users